The third single from her forthcoming album with RoryStoneLove, Windrush Baby. Welsh-Jamaican singer Aleighcia Scott goes back to the roots of her music with new single In My Shoes.
Produced by sound system legend RoryStoneLove, In My Shoes is a bouncy, horn-driven reflection on irresistible attraction – that recalls the ska-to-rocksteady transition of the early to mid-1960s.
It’s particularly fitting as the third single from Aleighcia and Rory’s exciting, imminent album Windrush Baby, because it pays tribute to the music that soundtracked Britain’s first Caribbean communities’ lives.
“I HAD TO MAKE IT AS AUTHENTIC AS POSSIBLE BY RECORDING IN JAMAICA AND THE UK, I HAD TO USE STRANGE PLACES TO GET THAT CRAZY SOUND THAT THEY HAD BACK THEN” – RORYSTONELOVE
Windrush Baby is a lovingly sculpted, deeply personal project that celebrates the JA-to-UK heritage of both Aleighcia and Rory, taking a musical journey from the blues dances and shubeens of Cardiff and London to the modern age.
“I ABSOLUTELY LOVED WORKING ON THIS SONG” SAYS CARDIFF-BORN ALEIGHCIA OF THE NEW SINGLE.
- Artist: Aleighcia Scott
- Label: RoryStoneLove/Black Dub
- Producer: RoryStoneLove
- Song Writer: Blair Mackichan
- Drums: Kirk Bennett
- Bass: Donald ‘Danny Bassie’ Dennis
- Guitar: Gizmo White & Lamont ‘Monty’ Savory
- Keys: Franklin Bubbler Waul
- Trumpet: Okiel Mckentyre
- Saxophone: Oshane Love
- Trombone: Randy Fletcher, Everton Pessoe
- Alto Saxophone: Dean Fraser
- Cello: Emily Ruth
- Strings: Ellen Blair (Violin & Viola)
- Violin: Gill Morley
- Background Vocals: Chevaughn N. Clayton, Roselyn